Sunday, December 20, 2009

30 is the Old 30

Jay-Z made people believe 30 is the new 20 when he is 40 his damn self. What the hell is he talking about? For a minute, I rode that saying saying when I was about to be 30. I was like, "Yeah, I still got it." As far as looks, yeah, the years haven't kicked my ass like some of my old class mates. Some look BAD! Bad. Now I have changed since high school as far as the weight (A staggering 225 compared to about 125) and maybe the extra weight is why I actually feel 30. But in some ways and at sometimes, I do feel younger than my actual age. People say I don't look 30, I still can pull the lady's if I choose. (I actually was talking to a 19 year old for a week until I found out I can't do the high school shit and pulled a bad ass 21 year old when I was with my partner Derek) But about a year ago, 30 being the new 20 was out the window. I decided to take my grown ass outside one night while playing spades and race. Now this 23 year old girl told me she was on the track team. You see, I was still living out my youth. I was pretty fast as a teenager, even in my early 20's. So I thought, "I got this." So we're off and I'm actually good for the first 5 steps until I get the worse cramp in my leg!
That happens when your thirty!
When I was younger, I use to always wonder why my dad was always sleep after he got off of work. He napped damn near everyday. I use to think, "Damn, my dad is lazy. We don't never do the stuff Bill Cosby does with Theo." Now that I have my own kids, I see I'm doing the same thing with my kids my dad did with me; napping a lot.
That happens when your thirty!
The day I turned 30, my back was killing me. I woke up screaming, saying this can't be life.
That happens when your thirty!
Me and a sibling got into it one time and back in the day, I could hold mines. But now, I'm like, "Stop playing," while I'm catching my breathe.
That happens when your thirty!
I notice how when I am playing with my kids and I'm on the ground, I either need help or need to grab a hold of something to get up off the ground.
That happens when your thirty!
I'm not even going to talk about sex because since I'm in my 30's now. I'll tell you like this, you can get a bad ass 5 minutes or a boring ass 15, take it how you want it. And no, my girl ain't mad.
That happens when your thirty!
So people who are in their 30's, y'all need to stop with that 30 is the new 20 BS. True indeed, liquor might cause you to think that or some little youngster might have boost your head up. But when you got bills to pay, mouths to feed, and kids to take care of, being twenty is out the window. Cause since I've been 30, the club and ripping and running the streets like I did when I was 20 is out the question. My fun time now is called rest.
And that is what happens when you are thirty!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I am not yet thirty I have a hard time understanding this entire post...LOL...its funny how you seem to be all up in my head from time to time with these posts. I concur with Jay that 30 is the new 20, I am still a stallion in my own right and I can definitely compete with the 20 something crowd. The beautiful thing about being thirty-something is you arent making the same mistakes, your appreciation for the finer things are not determined by a label and there are places that you have been and seen that the mind of todays 20 year old couldnt phathom.

(((SunySyde)))

Mike Turner on December 21, 2009 at 8:04 AM said...

SunySyde, I agree with what you said, about not making the same mistakes as I did when I was twenty. But you still have people who are in their thirties, but act like they are still a teenager. Some of the things they should have been doing or have done, they are trying to do now. Maybe I look at it differently now because my kids and I did enough 20 something shit back in the day. But now, it's about my babies. I can't be up at no bar or club, spitting wack lines, trying to get no ass. That was me in my 20's. There's no problem with still living out your youth, just act your age in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

Umm. I'm 30 and do not feel old. I'm in better shape now than when I was 20. Yes, you may be a little more tired. However, my sex is the bomb. LOL.

Sabooda

Mike Turner on December 25, 2009 at 6:55 AM said...

Sabooda, I did the complete opposite. I am almost twice the size I was when I was in my twenties. But 2010 is the year I finally get back in shape. Big plans for 2010.

Anonymous said...

Turner,

So are you saying that you wanna get into shape to extend that 5 minutes of fun that you mentioned? LOL.

Sabooda

Mike Turner on December 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM said...

Funny, funny. Those five minutes are hard pounding and a lot of sweating. Losing twenty pounds might give me an extra minute, but I'm not chasing booty like I was in my 20's!!!!

Followers

 

My Blog List

Mike Turner 911 Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template