Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dear Hip Hop

Yo Hip Hop,
Thanks again for not living up to your potential this year. Another shitty year (That's about 9 and counting) and I'm continuing to see that things may never get better. The south is still running shit and I'm not even talking about the good south. You still have these gold fronts, non-lyrics, dope feen looking monsters trying to rap. And what gets me is people have finally accepted this foolishness. I'm starting to feel like my parents when disco was coming to an end because I damn sure feel like hip hop is.
Hip hop, even some of the people I use to listen to have falling flat and are trying to keep up with todays market. The whole Auto tune bullshit. People who if they stuck to the script with how they use to rhyme, would still be tolerable to listen to.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(You really can't say much about the guy above me. After the coonery this clown has done over the past few years, what can you expect from Lil' Wayne's father!)
Hip hop, you have grown ass mean walking around in these tight ass pants. You have these men recording everything and putting it on the enternet, (I know it's internet,but its entertainment over the net for you idiots who consume) grown men who have kids and families still talking about busting caps and fighting. I look at it like this, if you have to show a gun 24/7, your knuckle game is suspect. And what the fuck is twitter? People having time to get on the computer and report what their doing on a daily. And then begging people to follow them. If you're rapping, you don't have time to worry about that shit.
Fuck you, hip hop. You have made it okay for bumb ass rappers like Souljha Boy, Gucchi Mane, Jim Jones, Nicki Manaj, Drake, Triple C's, Baby, etc to think they are the shit.
Hip hop, you have had my hopes up for some artist dropping this year only to be disappointed with shit. (Rakim, Busta Rhyme, Jay-Z) You had Maino who came out on a Cormega LP 1st single be "Hi Hater?"
Hip Hop, real emcess with good albums can't catch a break for shit. (Skyzoo, Torae & Marco Polo, A.G & O.C, KRS-One & Buckshot)
So hip hop, I think it may finally time to leave you alone for a little while. I'mma have to listen to the old days when shit was good. Maybe I'm just getting older, some call me a bitter old man. But if my hearing is the same and I can call shit shit because even when you were doing good, you still had a few sucka emcess who I thought was wack. (Hammer, Young MC, Tone Loc)
Hip Hop, I'll admit, you had a few decent albums to come out this year, but your wack shit overcame all that. You need to stop acting like WWF and get back to making some good music.
Sincerely yours,
Mike Turner

P.S: I was watching a documentary on Big Pun the other day and if you fucking rappers can't take a day off to stop acting like rappers and get rid of the doo-rags and chains and shit for a funeral, you need a reality check. Niggas who never had shit is the worst.

My top ten Albums and Weed Coasters of the Year that I (Mike Turner) have heard in no particular order.

Top Ten "Get This Shit Out of Here"

10. Fabulous: Loso's Way
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
9. Fat Joe: J.O.S.E. 2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
8. Queen Latifah: Persona
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
7. Rakim: Seventh Seal
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
6. Jadakiss: The Last Kiss
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5. Maino: If Tomorrow Comes
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
4. Jim Jones: Pray IV Reign
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3. Busta Rhymes: Back on My Bullshit
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2. AZ: Legendary
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
1. Jay-Z: The Blue Print 3
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten
10. MF Doom: Born Like This
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
9. Sadat X: Brand New Bein'
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
8. Marco Polo & Torae: Double Barrell
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
7. Wu-Tang Clan: Chamber Music
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
6. Raekwon: Built 4 Cuban Links II
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5. Ghostface Killah: Ghostdini: Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
4. Skyzoo: The Salvation
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3. KRS-One & Buckshot: Survival Skills
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2. M.O.P: Foundation
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
1. Cormega: Born and Raised
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hip Hop, get better soon.
Download:
FLVMP43GP
Download:
FLVMP43GP

0 comments:

Followers

 

My Blog List

Mike Turner 911 Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template