Thursday, January 14, 2010

These Are My Heroes

First of all, a big fat fuck you to MTV. This morning, I learned that another one of my musical icons had passed away, Teddy Pendergrass. It was all over the internet and news and I think he got the press he deserved. But I noticed MTV hasn't said shit about his death. So fuck MTV. That station isn't really for black people anyways.
It seems like every year, the people who I listened to coming up as a child, the same people my parents was probably fucking to, has passed away. Cause see, I was a Teddy Pendergrass and so many other of these legends when I was younger. Now I know the music I listened to was from the past, but that was classic music. I was a Teddy fan, plus a Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes fan. A lot of people need to know their history on the men and women.
Barry White, Isaac Hayes, Luther Vandross, Curtis Mayfield, James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Rick, James, Michael Jackson Ray Charles, etc. I'm a big fan of the 60's and 70's. I think music may run in my blood. And it really does bother me that certain artist don't get the shine that other artist get. Now I understand why Michael Jackson got the praise that he got. Regardless if you like him or not, there will never be another artist like him. But got damn it, if Prince don't get close to the same appreciation, something ain't right. He probably won't though since he was considered nasty. But him and the others I mentioned above made classic love music. I'd rather listen to these artist, plus the likes of the Isley Brothers, Minnie Ripperton, Smokey Robinson, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, L.T.D, etc. then the bullshit they have out now. (Trey Songs, Rhianna, Ciara, Pretty fucking Ricky) Soul music is slowly disappearing. Not too many artist have soul anymore. Anytime I hear about a legend dying, more soul leaves with their soul. Rest in peace, Teddy P. Your legacy will live on, regardless if MTV gives you your dues.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
March 26, 1950 – January 13, 2010

0 comments:

Followers

 

My Blog List

Mike Turner 911 Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template